Sunday, October 21, 2012

City Slicker Off-Roading Alamo Run



Download KML file [***HERE**] (Right mouse click & select Download)



First off, this run was BEAST.  It was the most challenging run I've ever been on.  I only have a lift with center lockers.  I guess I'll have to add front and rear lockers on my wish list.



We first met at a local Chevron gas station.  Great group of guys (and gals).  Once all the group members showed up, we set off!  As soon as we started, it was hairy for me.  I'm just not used to this kind of off roading as most of mine have been in the deserts or sand dunes.


First of many stops for "mechanical" reasons.


This particular run was really hard on my truck, and my A/T temperature warning light went on during one of the many climbs.  First time I'd seen this come on for me.


About half way through, our first major breakdown.  Scott's Jeep suffered broken motor mounts.  Attempts to repair were only temporary and eventually put his truck completely out of commission.  The rest of the run was spent pulling the Jeep.  Great job to Jeff, who eventually suffered damage to his truck trying to pull the Jeep as far as he could.  Also a thumbs up to Adam and André who also gave their great efforts to the cause.


At the end, we could not get the Jeep completely out of the course and had to call for help.  As most of us left, Brett and Igor stayed behind with Scott and his wife until recovery help arrived.  Great job to everyone and their efforts.

"Well, let's say it as it was... an unfortunate cluster fuck of catastrophic mechanical failures..." - Adam

[Click HERE for the Gallery]

No comments:

Post a Comment