Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Wheat Grass..... Yum

Tried juicing some wheat grass tonight.  Thanks for Kari for growing them for me!  It wasn't as bad as I expected, but maybe it's because I was expecting the worst.

Took a bunch of the grass, washed them down, then put them through the juicer.  I got the juicer from my mother-in-law, but used it only once to try it out.  Apparently, this is a good one because not all juicers can handle grass.  Did a little research on the web regarding wheat grass and its benefits.  One of the websites actually mentions the Green Star juicer I have as the type needed to juice wheat grass.


  

 
I juiced enough to get a shot glass worth.  Read about people taking wheat grass shots and it was advised not to drink too much.  Some of the side effects are nausea.  I held my breath, took the shot (I actually sensed some sweetness, which I read someone else mention), and chased it down with some grape juice I happened to have.  It's not something I'd drink chilling out w/ some crackers or anything, but it was manageable.  I did have some aftertaste of grass, but as I said, it was manageable.  I was able to get another shot's worth which I'll save for tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment