Saturday, November 3, 2012

My First Land Ops event

My first Land Ops Meet-up event took place in the desert area just north of the 40 hwy by the Mojave Desert.  It's a tactical geocaching event where teams of truck head out to find caches that were planted throughout the area.  Had planned to leave early Saturday morning but didn't get to leave until 1pm.  I got there really late, so I only participated in the night op, which was still good.  Took about an hour and a half to get to the desert, but another two hours to get to the base camp.  Didn’t get there until dinner time.

I would guess there were about 15 to 20 trucks that showed up.  I didn’t end up camping there.  After the event, I packed up and left.  A few others did the same.

I don’t think I took the right roads that the other guys did, but cause there were so many loopy-coops, I was averaging 10 miles an hour… which was why the 19 miles to the road to two hours.


No comments:

Post a Comment